Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happiness

True happiness. I don't know what it is lately, but I'm getting better. I know some people will say that nothing was ever wrong with me in the first place, but I just get in these funks sometimes. If you don't believe me, or like it, or think I'm being melodramatic.. I don't care. Sorry if that's a little blunt and a tad rude, but I'm tired of feeling like I have to change who I am around certain people. I am me. Sure, that's as cliche as it gets, but it's true.

I've been doing things on my own terms lately. Eating healthy and being more positive is helping to put me in a better mood most days (and I'm feeling like I have more energy too!) I've even gotten to hang out with friends more :) I met up with a friend the other day between classes, and another mutual friend of mine and Nick's rode with us to his indoor game, which led to a whole other good time! (ahem, singing ridiculous songs as loud as we can ;) Loved. It! I've even been able to stay focused on school and be productive every day.

It's also helping a lot to see other people post about the rough times they are having. Alyson over at The Average Girl's Guide along with Lindsay over at From the Aisle to Aloha are the most recent posts I've read, and it's super inspiring to see how they are dealing with it (especially since I'm sure they have more complicated problems). I think it's awesome that the girls I look up to on blogger are so honest, even when it's not the happiest post you'll ever read.

Anyways, I just felt like writing about this. It's nice to realize that you haven't been as stressed lately, and even more organized, without really realizing that it's happening! But hey, I'm definitely not complaining!

6 comments:

  1. Definitely understand where you're coming from. It's hard being happy all the time. Glad you're blogging about it (so helps to vent!) and I'm so flattered and honored that you read my blog... and even mentioned it. Even if it causes a bit more lonliness I've discovered I rather have a few good friends than a whole bunch of ones who I'm not sure care about me to the way I deserve to be treated, ya know?

    So great to connect with you.
    xo
    alyson (the average girl's guide)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! That's probably one of the best ways to put it. Especially when it means that you can be yourself with them all the time :) love that you were flattered too, your post was really inspirig!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand you so well. I had the same mood couple of times before based on different problems. It's always complicated no matter what. ou'll handle, I know it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lyosha, it really means a lot! I'm so glad to hear that others are going through a lot of the same things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great post. I'm so excited for all of the lovely things you're planning for yourself! You're a doll and I'm really glad I've met you, we have so much in common. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! <3 it really does mean a lot! I'm so glad to have met you too!

    ReplyDelete