Friday, February 18, 2011

You learn something new everyday

Yesterday in my English class, we received the prompt for our next essay. The theme is to pick a belief that you have and expand on it. Sounds easy enough, right? Well I started thinking really hard about what beliefs I had (not religious beliefs though, more like moral ones) and I began to realize that mine were pretty cliche. Not that there is anything wrong with "what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger", I just really wanted something powerful. After some pondering, my professor said we were going to write down our beliefs and then do a walk-around. Most were unique and funny, with the exception of the few cliche ones (ahem, mine) but then I found one that stood out to me.  

I believe that God will never give me a problem he knows I can't handle.  

How true is that? I felt like I had to share this with you because it's been in the back of my mind ever since class yesterday, and I can't stop thinking about it and how true it is!

What are some of your beliefs?
I'd love to hear :)

No comments:

Post a Comment